Can somebody help ID the pictured chrome brackets and what model?

IMG_3583.jpeg
IMG_3582.jpeg

i don't remember them from any vintage BMW that i have had - 2002, e3, e9, e12, e28, e30. of course it might be something from one of those that i never took apart. if you think its from a vintage BMW, one other option is to go through 'vehicle trim' section on realoem and keep looking through different series.

Where would the world be without comedians!?

Great feedback too and I’ll check RealOem. I did start checking the W&N parts catalog model by model earlier but then gave up.

Where would the world be without comedians!?
I don't think that was a joke.
Looking at the profile of these parts, I can't picture any application on a car (let alone a BMW) that would have something like that....

Just my nickel. Good luck....

looking at the hole size, and the pattern of dirt on them, I could only estimate them being about 1,5 foot long, 40-50 cm or so.
The round edge seems clean & shiny, whereas the flange that has the screw holes is dirty, indicating the part was on the outside of the car, but the dirty flange was not easily accessible for cleaning, likely covered by another part, also placing the (ugly) screws out of sight. .

wild guess: trim around a rear light cluster?
or perhaps around a front grille?

Update: a friend tells me the strips are off a ‘66-‘68 2000CS door panel. Make sense? See pic.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3593.png
    IMG_3593.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 2
Back