Car enthusiast recommendation for France

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm going to be in France in a coupe weeks and wondered if you guys have any recommendations for a car guy to see or do. I have already planned to stop at Le Mans, but unfortunately it will be the weekend after the race.

I will be staying in Honfleur, Bayeux, Mont St Michel, Chinon, Amboise, Minerve and finally Paris.

Any good sights or roads a car guy should be sure to hit?

Merci
Jon

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve - make sure your passport is up to date. I'll let me wife know I have a back up incase I get sick. :)

Stan - Thanks, I'll send them a pm.

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At Mont St.Michel we stayed overnight after the place emptied, our room was detached from the hotel and in front of the graveyard. The place was so dark I could not tell if my eyes were open or closed, and the silence so absolute I could not fall asleep. A place to re-read The Name of the Rose all over again.

I do not recall much automotive except for a coupe I saw in Paris that was not a board member...

Dirk

Reaction score
Driving is always nice in France as long as you stay on the D roads (Routes Departementales). A quick look on the agenda in the La Vie de l'Auto (LVA) gives you an idea of what's going on the days you're there, grouped by department.
On June 28 and 29 for example there is the Retrofestival in Caen, honoring among other things 50 years of Mustang, just what you needed when visiting France.

http://www.lva-auto.fr/agenda.php

http://www.retrofestival.fr/

Jean Luc

Reaction score
Vous serez mon invité avec vos accompagnants

You will be my guest with accompanying

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dirk - That's the info I was looking for. thanks!

Jean Luc - Merci pour l'information sur le musée. Je me rendrai de Mont-Saint-Michel à Chinon avec une visite au Mans le lundi 16 Juin. J'espère avoir le temps de visiter le Manoir de l'automobile aussi.

Jean Luc

Reaction score
Tu peux si tu le veux faire un arrêt chez moi , et pourquoi pas visiter le musé ensemble , ma table est ta table . Comme tu passe pas loin de chez moi , je suis a 40 Km de Rennes et 80 Km du Mont St Michel et 60 Km Manoir de l'automobile, je peux aussi te loger pour le couchage .

Voici mon adresse .
You can if you want to stop me, and why not visit the museum together, my table is your table. As you pass not far from me, I'm 40 km from Rennes and 80 km from Mont St Michel and 60 km Manoir de l'Automobile. I can also accommodate you for sleeping.

Here is my address.

Plumaugat 22250
La Goussais .
06 82 81 84 74

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jean-Luc

Merci pour votre hospitalité. Ma femme Cathy et je s'arrêteront au Manoir de l'automobile Loheac 35 lundi 16 Juin dans la matinée et Le Mans dans l'après-midi. Si vous êtes disponible, il serait grand de vous rencontrer pour visiter Manoir de l'automobile ensemble. Je serais ravi de voir votre coupé comme la mienne est encore en morceaux.

Thank you for your hospitality. My wife Cathy and I will be stopping at Manoir de l'automobile Loheac 35 Monday the 16th of June in the morning and Le Mans in the afternoon. If you are available it would be great to meet you to tour Manoir de l'automobile together. I would love to see your coupe as mine is still in pieces.

Jon
00 330 701 3399