Car Transport

maw8c

Reaction score
Hi all,

Need to transport a vehicle from San Diego to the DC area. Anyone have good experiences with a transport company?

Thanks much,

Mark

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've done well with Reliable and FedEx/Passport. If you call reliable ask for Al, he is based in AZ.

Good luck,
Mike

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used them and they were good:

Ryan
A Across USA Auto Transport
800-243-0066
[email protected]

It's a jungle out there when dealing with transport brokers and they had good reviews and always responded to my update inquiries as well as gave me the driver's tel number. Worth an inquiry.

Uncovered should be fine.

61porsche

Reaction score
The long and winding road ....back home

MY personal tip on E9 transport- specific instruction not to strap down through the front suspension like an American car. Better to buy two tow hooks that bolt on the wheel studs or go through the wheels if you have originals.

I repaired my front suspension after the straps broke clean through the strut arms where there's a nice hole for a strap and both tow hooks after my last move from DC. Didn't get up under the car when it got off loaded.

Oh well. Thought I'd pass it along as one of those lessons learned.:oops:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good and bad

Exotic car transport out of Orlando.
Scott

First, I would avoid any agents. I would only book direct with companies that have their own drivers/trucks.

Second, I think I've shipped 50 cars in the last 8 years I been on my current job. I can recommend without reservation Intercity Lines, and Horseless Carriage. Passport is okay.
Of the three, I've generally found Intercity Lines to be the least expensive and most flexible. Plus, they're generally very good with old, idiocyncratic cars.

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
Used Intercity Lines when transporting the CSL from Jimmy's in Alabama to San Diego. They were extremely professional. Careful about uncovered- if you have nice paint, or don't want missing trim, I'd suggest the price difference isn't worth the aggravation.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Old School

I opted to take a few days off and drive from Coupe King in San Pedro CA to Portsmouth NH. What fun!!

alanmcg

Reaction score
me too

I did same - long beach to seattle - great trip. screw the transport, spend your money on nice hotels at night, and enjoy your new coupe during the day.