Carbon Fiber BMW 2002

I found this video most fascinating! thank you for sharing. to our CA friends - mights this be a source for E9 dashboards or bumpers? when I see what they do for the E10 I can see E9 parts happening any time....

... well - just checking their website - and there is an E9 trunk available, as well as a hood and a roof
https://www.sonofcobra.com/shop-sonofcobra/bmw-30-e9-carbon-fiber-trunk

Last edited:
I think the guys will soon come up with the idea of building an ultra-light BMW E9 considering that they have already made a roof, hood and trunk lid from carbon.

In their execution it will definitely be something new and interesting to the eye...
Not to mention the performance of such an ultra-light project.
If they build something like the Porsche 911K by Tuthill or the GTA-R300 from Alfaholics it will be something really special.

Last edited:
Rome wasn't built in a day...
The first cars that Tuthil built weren't as spectacular as those currently being built.
The project evolved into its current form.
This Porsche gives a lot of positive driving experiences.
The impressions that this car provides while driving at high revs are the quintessence of motoring and good fun behind the wheel.

And as for the guys From the carbon BMW 2002, from what I know, the carbon E9 is to be built for Sema 2025.
I think it will be something, looking at the way they build the 2002.
I don't think this project will be mundane and unspectacular.
Carbon E9 - sounds good in itself.
I wonder what engine will power the carbon E9 in their performance...

Rome wasn't built in a day...
The first cars that Tuthil built weren't as spectacular as those currently being built.
The project evolved into its current form.
This Porsche gives a lot of positive driving experiences.
The impressions that this car provides while driving at high revs are the quintessence of motoring and good fun behind the wheel.

And as for the guys From the carbon BMW 2002, from what I know, the carbon E9 is to be built for Sema 2025.
I think it will be something, looking at the way they build the 2002.
I don't think this project will be mundane and unspectacular.
Carbon E9 - sounds good in itself.
I wonder what engine will power the carbon E9 in their performance...
Tuthill builds engines...Son of Cobra makes amazing carbon. I didn't say mundane, I said MORE mundane....which is a big room in comparison to the 911k. I'm sure it will be great in comparison to a "normal" hotrod e9 but it's the same as comparing the tons of very nice, but run of the mill hotrod 911's to something on a completely different level like the K or the Alfa. IMHO of course...

I think it's a good thing that the E9 project by the guys from the Son of Cobra will be interesting and original enough to once again increase interest in the BMW E9 among the slightly younger generation of car enthusiasts.
Good design and execution, good marketing and a few more people will lose their heads for the E9... Some for the original, some for the restomod.
And I guess that's the point, for the group of enthusiasts to grow...

Back