Carl Nelson Springs

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post a picture of my car after installing the Carl Nelson springs - really like the stance now. Thanks Carl Nelson (can someone @ sign him, I don't know his username) and @sfdon for the install, it looks and drives great! Also thanks for the emergency surgery to replace my alternator SFDon when there were no alternators to be found, +1 to Don's medals!

AFTER:

carlnelson.jpg

BEFORE
stance.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice look! So, what changes here? Does the front come down some, what an inch? Next project for me, is to replace front struts with these NOS Koni adjustable units I picked up, couple years ago. So, perhaps a good time to do springs? How does it drive now? Thanks, Mike

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice look! So, what changes here? Does the front come down some, what an inch? Next project for me, is to replace front struts with these NOS Koni adjustable units I picked up, couple years ago. So, perhaps a good time to do springs? How does it drive now? Thanks, Mike
Hey Mike, yeah, the back was a little low already (worn springs) so the back likely stayed the same and the front came down a little. I have Bilstein shocks - a little stiff but otherwise it rides really nice, especially on the freeway.