carpet group buy for the rest of us - NOT blue carpet

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Guys,

anybody interested in buying carpet for your coupe in any color other than blue? i had a conversation with KHM about another order. Klaus tells me that for 5 orders we get a 5% discount ... 20 orders, a 20% discount. higher than 20 orders is not defined ...

if you might be interested, take a look at the website to look at the color options - http://www.cabrio.de/khm/en/carpet-materials. you can also order samples.

the price varies depending on what type of carpet you want - the standard solid color (black) loop is the cheapest. normally 286 euro - other colors add 46 euro.

solid color velours - normally 385 euro

boucle / 2 tone velours - normally 451 euro

the two tone loop - most similar to what comes stock in our cars is normally 440 euro /

trunk set is additional - 167.50 euro for the two tone loop

all costs do not include shipping. if you are interested, please send me a PM.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do not need the carpet but would be interested in the foam material between floor and carpet and the little clamps that hold the front carpets in place.

Can't speak for the other 105 lurkers.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i sent an email to Werner to see if he still has them. i will post his reply and we can get some for anybody who wants them. somebody with original carpet, please count how many of these ring clips there are in a coupe. i looked on penske and there was no listing of carpet within their listings ... will have to look in the orange books when i get home.
(now 129 viewers - step to the plate, lets get this going)

scott

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are five on each side, two front, 3 rear with one of them under the front seats. Male posts are not available anywhere, the carpet receivers are available. Maybe your coupes still have the posts otherwise it is a trip to a junkyard. 2002, e3 and NKs have these.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would be in for 5 rings, 5 male posts, and the foam for the front.
My junkyard does not have 1970s cars, plus I am spoiled so let me know when my order is ready to ship.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
While the female carpet clips are readily available from almost anywhere, the mating studs are indeed very hard to locate, but they are available though. Bought a bunch of male/female clips about 2 years ago from a German Ebay seller, but have not been locate him. They are made exactly to the original, or maybe even from the original manufacture.

Here is a English classic car interior retailer http://www.lakewell.com/en/general/fasteners-and-fittings/chrome-carpet-fasteners-per-4-sets-of-4 that stocks the complete carpet clips at a reasonable cost (€14 for 16 male/female clip sets). The shipping cost can be on the pricey side though. I have not ordered from them before.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes he does ... $32 for a 20 clips. i think i paid 10 bucks for about 40 sets. what i don't think i have are the male parts of the clips as my carpet has been replaced and there is insulation under the carpet. i will go checking to see if the snaps are under the insulation.