Carpet installation pictures needed

Tony_V

Reaction score
Hi ,
Please help me with pictures of how the carpet pieces shall be installed around the front seat.
Also the vinyl parts at seat rail.

Rgds/Tony

I have a one piece carpet but the vinyl is about 1-1/4" wide and goes at the edge of all openings/
or slits

i have a one piece
but i think it would be similar
got the material from sms in oregon
c3.jpg
c5.jpg
c6.jpg

Check out German car carpet company, de cabrio khm, they have a diagram for their carpet kits.
The vinyl parts are on the outside of the seat runners and a strip that runs across the rear bulkhead. Hope this helps
I used one of their kits and it fitted perfectly.

Cheers John

Hi Tony, I unfortunately have become rather well versed in the 21 piece carpet install. Do you have the original carpet? I made exact templates I would be happy to share, I can also show you how to tuck everything as factory. Note, When using the vinyl get the thin stuff. Thick vinyl causes fitment problems. Send me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone number. It's a little confusing if you have attended more than a dozen Dead shows but it's not hard and you want to be sure where things go before you spray glue on a couple of pieces. Also it's important to get the toe pieces in correctly up front or stuff just don't fit:)

Peter

Peter,

I would be happy to draw the templates in autocad... We can the print them and check against your template.

Hi Tony, KHM, if I remember correctly are not that helpful with support but you might check their site; I probably should have checked where you are located because a phone call might be difficult. I'll try to get you some pictures later-sorry

Peter

Back