Carpet Sets - Remanufactured parts - Wish list

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
It has been mentioned - most recently by Sven - in the Remanufactured parts Wish list thread - that an alternative supplier of quality carpet sets to the OEM spec would be desirable.

Anyone that frequents the '02 forum (huge knowledge base there for any BMW e3, 9 and 10 http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50// ) knows that Esty produces this for the 2002/Tii and enjoys a very good reputation for product and service there. She would very much like to do this for the e9 as well but has had no luck in obtaining an OEM e9 original set to make a pattern from.

If anyone has a serviceable set she could borrow/have while doing a resto or that is just a spare please consider lending/giving it to her for the future benefit to us all. It would be returned to you in the same state. I would do it but mine is neither original or complete (just like my car). It may be that several of us could donate portions of a set in order to have all of the pieces - who knows.

I don't need to be part of this (but I'm willing to do so) so contact Esty through her website http://estycarpet.blogspot.ca/ or [email protected]

No kickbacks, graft or implicit freebies involved on my part,

Doug

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Her two-tone colors look to be a closer match than the other two vendors I know of (CA/Germany). I would love to find a good blue match - numbers 5, 12, 27 shown on her website could be possibilities. Unfortunately, my set is currently glued down. There may be others out there with cars currently in resto that could spare a set.

I will contact her about reproducing my trunk carpet (which for some reason has shrunk about 1" around the perimeter). That would be easy enough to build a template and check on the closeness of the color/pattern match.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I could send her my set if I get around to treating my floor over the winter. It is in pretty nice shape and original.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Carpet

I'm not really sure that mine is original, but I think it is in that it still had the thick jute attached to it, anyhow, I saved the carpet, it had a vinyl? border sewn around much of it and it was essentially a "lay flat carpet" that was cut and sewn and then glued into place, with portions overlapping around the sliders etc. Anyhow, I just dropped it off with some guys in my area who do all sorts of car and boat re upholstery and we picked out a very dark grey (for a black interior) marine duty carpet with the look and feel of wool that should be completed in a week or two. I would be happy to take some pics when they're done and then maybe these guys could produce multiple sets and I could get the price down. I'm looking at about 350.00 for mine, and if it fits correctly it might be fun to do a few sets. Not to take any business from the site mentioned below and I would likewise pass any savings along to members. I also have a shipping department in my company so delivery (in the US) would be fairly cheap. Anyhow, I'll follow the thread and see what comes of it.

Cheers

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's always good to get samples first. Domestic loop is a looser weave than the German loop that came in the coupes and you can sometimes see the backing where it bends. Square weave is nice but takes a little more work to get into place and was not offered in coupes. She provides a great service which is affordable but it will not compare to GAHH and others.