Carpet (Template) Needed--1970 2800CS

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Gruppe:
I am having a carpet made for my 1970 2800CS. I need a template for the upholsterer. Does anyone have an old carpet or template I can lease/borrow/buy/trade for? Condition does not matter, only the template so a new one can be patterned on it. Thanks.

skb

Reaction score
Alice,
I have a 1970 2800 CS and had original carpets made by World Upholstery and Trim in Santa Paula. Call 805-921-0100 and ask for Mars. He'll take care of you.
SKB

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a full original set from my 72CS in storage right now. If you aren't in too much of a hurry then I can draw up some patterns and maybe post them here.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think that would be a great thing @Lenoxx ... be sure to put an actual dimension on each individual drawing - as big as will fit ... such as 3'-0". if you can, put one in each direction. scans or pictures can vary from reality. if you make them on decent roll paper, you can take them to a kinkos and scan them to pdf.

@Markos - perhaps we need to create a location on the site (either technical or FAQ) for drawings such as this. i have the rear trunk panel, a drawing for the rear side armrests ... and i will have to look for other things.

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm no pattern maker, but I'll read up on it a bit. I'll make vector drawings (svg) that can be printed any size, but I'll throw in pdf and png formats for good measure. :cool:
Ill also post some resources for working with vector graphics, but I think most printing and manufacturing places can use them as is.
It'll probably be a month or so before I can get to it. But the drawings shouldn't take too long after that. At some point, I might do the same with the other parts. So having a dedicated space here to save things like DIY technical drawings would be great.