Celebrity on super cars & classics

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
What a cool car. Clarkson's comment about not being able to keep your foot down for more than a second in first, second or third would also seem to apply to most of the sportier cars BMW sells these days as well.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
What a cool car. Clarkson's comment about not being able to keep your foot down for more than a second in first, second or third would also seem to apply to most of the sportier cars BMW sells these days as well.

There is a guy downy street that has a new M4. Every evening on his way home he floors it on our block for about 3-4 seconds. The sound is awesome.

The ‘soft’ corner onto our block can be taken easily at 30mph, so I figure he is doing +70mph when he lets up. FWIW our street is almost 400 years old, super narrow, no sidewalks, full of blind driveways and is hilly, so the speed limit is a sensible 25mph.

Per Clarksons point, the new cars are TOO good to really enjoy much anymore without being a hooligan here in New England.

I’m going to rig up something to scare the crap out of our local hooligan one of these evenings. If he’s not old and slow like Clarkson he might be able to haul it down in time to avoid the garbage the wind has blown over and into the road, just beyond a small rise.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If I gave my kid an M4, I’d include a 2-day Skip Barber course. That would help them understand there is a place where you can use super car capabilities responsibly.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If I gave my kid an M4, I’d include a 2-day Skip Barber course. That would help them understand there is a place where you can use super car capabilities responsibly.

I bought my son a 1992 525i that needed a clutch, made him do most of the work on the clutch, and took him to driving school, then autocross, then a couple of track schools. The Tar Heel Chapter of the BMWCCA does an excellent job with their track events.

He wanted a faster car, but now appreciates the benefits of learning to drive a momentum car first.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought my son a 1992 525i that needed a clutch, made him do most of the work on the clutch, and took him to driving school, then autocross, then a couple of track schools. The Tar Heel Chapter of the BMWCCA does an excellent job with their track events.

He wanted a faster car, but now appreciates the benefits of learning to drive a momentum car first.

Great choice.