Center console side panels: Anybody used Just Dashes ?

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a trimmer re-cover the side panels but the material is too thick. The result is that the panels do not cleanly meet the bottom of the dash. I think the original part was vacuum formed with very thin vinyl. Ive heard that Just Dashes can tackle this part, but the wood underneath is going to need help getting back to the original shape. Anybody used them to restore these parts?

Or a better question might be, does anybody have a more recession-friendly solution ?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just Dashes

I used Just Dashes for the black part of the upper dash and shroud cover.
I revennered the wood myself, time consuming but not too difficult.
The black padded area of the "tray portion" of my dash was in good shape so I did not do anything with it.
Stan

Tyler

Reaction score
Hi David - I used Just Dashes in L.A. for those side panels two years ago. The wood frame was in good shape, so I don't think they did anything to it. The vinyl texture and thickness seems right and the parts fit well against the dash. They advised me ahead of time that they could not duplicate the factory faux-stitch seam pattern, but that they could nearly match it with a real stitch. It looks good, but is not a perfect match to the original. Overall, I am pleased with the result. Cost was about $550, which is not so recession-friendly.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I was able to re-cover my side panels with a minimum of fuss using some local leather, a baseball stitch, and some foam padding. Works and looks like new.

I also thought it was pretty cool that beneath the original material, the fabricator had signed and dated the part. It really brought home how this car was made by people, not machines.

steve in reno

Reaction score
I also had my console sides re-uph. The fit is very tight since it is not vacuumed vinyl.
I taped the top edge with one thickness of masking tape and slid into joint at dash.
Then removed slightly, removed tape, and then it fit right into the joint.
It is a tight fit. The clue is not to harm the new work!
Use an appropriate amount of persuasion to make it fit.
HTH
steve