Ceylon '73 auto - new to the forum

David Yando

Reaction score
First post...We have a donated one-owner Bavaria here at Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. It had sat, stored well, for over 30 years, and other than the badly oxidized/checked paint, it is in great shape. One of our guys was trying to start it yesterday. We thought we'd gotten a bum Pierburg fuel pump, but soon realized the ancient fuel line was sucking in more air than fuel. I wasn't around when he got it going, but it sounds promising.
IMG_2517 (Medium).JPG
More as it develops.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
First post...We have a donated one-owner Bavaria here at Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. It had sat, stored well, for over 30 years, and other than the badly oxidized/checked paint, it is in great shape. One of our guys was trying to start it yesterday. We thought we'd gotten a bum Pierburg fuel pump, but soon realized the ancient fuel line was sucking in more air than fuel. I wasn't around when he got it going, but it sounds promising. View attachment 61082 More as it develops.
I visited the Lane Motor Museum this past October and I have to say that it is one of the most enjoyable auto museum I’ve ever been to. I highly recommend it if anyone is ever in the Nashville area. They have a wonderfully eclectic collection of European cars.
That said, not enough BMWs :^)
This e3 in rarely seen Ceylon Gold will be a great addition to the collection.
Keep us posted on getting it running.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First post...We have a donated one-owner Bavaria here at Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. It had sat, stored well, for over 30 years, and other than the badly oxidized/checked paint, it is in great shape. One of our guys was trying to start it yesterday. We thought we'd gotten a bum Pierburg fuel pump, but soon realized the ancient fuel line was sucking in more air than fuel. I wasn't around when he got it going, but it sounds promising. View attachment 61082 More as it develops.
And a 73’ at that. Nice!! Never seen a Ceylon Bav in person.