Chasing engine block for 2800CSA No. 2280028

Reaction score
This is the longest shot ever.

I own BMW E9 2800CSA Chassis no. 2280028

The car is now restored in Australia and does not have the original engine. It has a 1972 E3 Bavaria 3 litre engine, carburetted.

The car originally was delivered on December 30, 1969 through Hoffman's in NYC and spent most of it's life in California.

In early 2015 it was imported to the UK, where later that year I bought it at an auction and sent it back home to Melbourne.

What would the chances be of finding what happened to the original 2800 engine block.

Was it destroyed, was it rebuilt, did someone buy it and rebuild it for there car. Is it sitting in someones engine spares pile, or is it in a shed somewhere.

Here is the car (below) as it was in California before being imported.

Story goes it was owned by a lady who had it in storage in Los Angeles for 7 years, after her husband died. At the time it was believed to have had just 2 owners.

I
download.jpg

Here is the car now in Australia, now in Polaris Silver.

download (1).png

Any clues, I would love to know.

Looking at putting a 2800 engine back in the car.

Thanks

Richard Sherman

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am afraid I cannot be of much help in finding that engine, but if you want a narrative of what happened to it I am good at coming up with stories. I am thinking there is a famous Indian actor in the LA part of the story.