"Cherished salvage" with Hagerty

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone use it? I like the concept and it's very smart on Hagerty's part. You get your normal coverage with them and then pay an extra $9-10/mo for Cherished Salvage. (Based on $50k coverage), Let's say $50k agreed value, the car gets totaled and you get $50k plus you keep the car. This is smart for them because they get extra revenue regardless and selling classic/enthusiasts cars at auction is always a crap shoot as far as value goes. I'll be getting this for my NSX and may add it to my other cars.

Dan

its a great idea - if your car gets totaled and you get to keep all of the stuff you have on the car - new engine / special wheels / steering wheels / great interior ... that is really worth something to not have to replace it

And no haggling about your buy-it-back-price. It is yours + the check. Recently I had to buy my Bavaria back from State Farm, now with Hagerty, for $5,000. Agreed value was $21,000, so I ended up with the car and a check for $16,000. State Farm totaled the car over a dented rear pass door that cost me $9,000 to fix. My body guy painted the whole pass side and took out a fist sized dent above the taillight on the same side. He is an artist, blended perfectly, just like he does the Pebble Beach cars he works on.

Paid the State Sanctioned Reinspection facility $2,000 for some repairs that needed done anyway. The door was already fixed. Cleared $5,000. and ended with a new PA title, not "Restored"!

Calling Hagerty, going the "Cherished" route for sure.

I have it on all of my cars covered by Hagerty’s. I find it a good value to get paid the full agreed value for my car and the event of a major crash and then to be able to buy back the parts and pieces for pennies….

I have it on my car. I would want a lot of stuff from my car if it were totaled and I tried to replace it. Or alternatively, there is a ton of stuff from my car I could sell here.

My Heacock policy was up this month so I called my classic car insurance agent and asked to compare renewal vs. Hagerty with the Cherished option. Came back about the same so I'm back with Hagerty. Now maybe they'll let me back in to the Amelia Island Cars & Coffee.

I have had the Hagerty cherished option for several years.
Luckily haven't needed it.
Mine is $37/ yr on a $70k policy.
It really doesn't take much damage too get a totaled car.

on the phone with Hagerty as I type adding the "Cherished" discount. The agent asked me if I am a member of the BMWCCCA. Of course I am, and so that entitles me to a Hagerty discount of $24.00 a year. And I already had the Cherished discount on my policy.

What a great company.

And I already had the Cherished discount on my policy.
Cherished Salvage is an additional cost for the agreement to retain your vehicle after a total loss. Are you talking about something else?

Dan, wrong choice of words in my haste to share the good news. Yes, it is Cherished Salvage I am talking, mumbling, about. One does not expect and insurance company, even one as special as Hagerty, to use a word like Cherished. But it works in this case.

on the phone with Hagerty as I type adding the "Cherished" discount. The agent asked me if I am a member of the BMWCCCA. Of course I am, and so that entitles me to a Hagerty discount of $24.00 a year. And I already had the Cherished discount on my policy.

What a great company.
I had no idea we got a BMWCCCA discount...Need to go access my policy!

Back