Chrome Plating

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
For several years I have had a buddy with a plating shop in Georgia do all my chrome plating. I knew I would get show quality work, turn around time as promised, and great care with the generally scarce parts I sent him. He recently closed the shop and retired.

I need to find another shop for my current project, but there are soooo many horror stories out there on plating shops. Lost pieces, bad (and destroyed) work, long delays, plenty of excuses, etc.

Where have you found success? Hopefully over multiple jobs and fairly recently. I can personally deliver the parts to a shop in Seattle or Vancouver, BC, so an excellent shop in those locations would be my first choice, but the freight to a more distant shop is a small concession to be dealing with a known good shop.

There is only one listed in our Top Sources for Parts and Services. It would be great if we could add several more.

A number of the chrome plating shops here in Vancouver have shut down as well. I really know of just the one Dependable Chrome jn Burnaby near Ist & Boundary they are OK, just had some W/W nozzles and a glove box handle done for a 2002 resto that I am doing and time and price was ok I have had work done a few years ago by them and wasn't so good but when you don't have may choices

Thanks, Rick

I suppose it comes with age but I'm finding more and more of my go to suppliers retiring recently. I hope there's a new crop who actually care, and are willing to work.

Back