Chrome Screw for Door Sill Chrome Plate

BarryMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time sourcing chrome screws to replace my rusted screws as local sources are flooded with China products!
Anyone who can source and post to me?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I went to my local Lowe's with a screw and bought stainless steel replacements. Try your local hardware store, be sure to get stainless steel.

BarryMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew for kind advise but l'm still interested in sourcing chrome screws if they are easily available!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
penskeparts calls for 2 screw sizes for the sill trims - both are recessed oval head sheet metal screws ... the smaller one is b3.5 x 13, the longer one is st3.5 x 16. the 3.5 x 16 screw is still available but is $3.12 ea, and it says that our cars need 10 of them. the 13mm screw, we need 12 of them for the sills (10) and the door jamb plate (2).

there has to be a place that we could buy these screws in stainless ... and worse case have the head polished. i just found them on Amazon.com, except its 700 screws at $111.50 plus shipping (yikes)
i am curious about the conversion to imperial sheet metal screws - 3.5mm = 9/64" ... so that is just over 1/8" ... 9/64" = .1408" ... #6 screws are .138" ... so its worth a shot, as we can buy #6 x 1/2" stainless screws easily. the 16mm screws are 5/8" long. i would imagine that one could use the 3.5mm x 16mm for this application ... anybody tried that?

Last edited: