City pack CSL in upcoming auction

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score

Has this one been discussed?

Looks like it needs a clean, but on the upside it looks to be in nice unrestored condition, except for the steering wheel (what's that all about!?) Could be a nice starting point for someone. Clearly what lies beneath is key to its value however.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s a stock CS wheel only seen on RHD coupes with the big center pad. Door cards have two plugs, it must have been converted from manual to sardine can or manual doors cards were used. Four slat kidney grille too.

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I'd spotted the dent, my CSL has one also, in about the same place, so it must be a city pack special feature (an extra £20k please!)
Interesting about the door card blanks, my car has one blank per door, where (I assume the manual winders were changed to powered for the UK market), not sure why there'd be two blanks though.
It's also missing the black decals behind the front wing 'vents'....
But all in all, these are cheap fixes. Even the front grill is easy to swap out for a 5 slat one. The missing CSL petri is going to be pricey to replace, but all manageable. The big unknown (as always) is the hidden crusty bits. The paint and the stripes look original to my eye, so perhaps it hasn't had the usual cosmetic touch up, and it is as genuine as it appears. Would love to be able to go see it...

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like it, but as CSLs are now £100k +. Think I will stick with the CSI and try not to regret not buying a CSL for £20k a few years back.
By the time I have paid off the mortgage these will be £200k ++
I hope some one we know buys it.

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold for £88k and JK's car didn't sell... either that was a good (cheap) buy, or something untoward in the rust department?

Hope the new owner turns up here

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold for £88k and JK's car didn't sell... either that was a good (cheap) buy, or something untoward in the rust department?

Hope the new owner turns up here

"Highly sought-after example retaining a lovely original feel", per the description.

Perhaps it also has an "aroma of iron oxide"

Impossible to know without the rocker covers removed, shots inside the cavity under the front fenders, etc. Wonder why these sellers don't just go ahead and show all this. If it is truly rust free, the car would be worth 50k more. Assuming there is some rust, price paid was probably fair.