clutch master question

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My master cylinder started leaking, I preemptively purchased a rebuild kit so I intend to do that in the near future. Question is the kit does not come with the rubber piece that fits into the top of the cylinder and seals around the input pipe. Nor does RealOEM show a part # for it (where pipe #4 fits into the cylinder in the picture below.) I can just leave it alone as it's not leaking there but figured I'd ask if that part is available before I work on it.

1695933292361.png

stphers

Reaction score
I have bought those in the past but after a quick look, can't find any You could buy the rebuild kit for a 75 530i RM European has them $7.78 ea and that kit has them

But if yours was not leaking, you could try and use it over but once moved, it will probably leak Put the grommet and pipe into the M/C before installing it into the car, much easier

Thanks, Rick

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
FTErebuild kit purchased from RM Euro included it. The have them in stock.

IMG_3085.png

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
FTErebuild kit purchased from RM Euro included it. The have them in stock.

View attachment 168985
thanks- those are the kits I ordered (from another site) but none had it when it showed up - not sure if they fall out of the crappy boxes they put them in or what (first kit I ordered was missing a few pieces.) For $8 maybe i'll try one of these and see if I hit the lottery - if you guys have used it has the rebuild held up OK? I think there was some debate on a thread I came across last night.

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
OK - after a better search I found a thread from last year as well if it's helpful wherein a frustrated HB Chris dug up some part numbers as well...sounds like mixed results on the rebuild kit reliability but I'll give it a go, part of the fun as they say.

Here it is for posterity, don’t ever ask me to search for this though! Part Number:

Ate 33304-1000.1
VW 211 611 817 A
MB 000 431 09 35

Thanks for everyone's help.