Cobra GT500KR barn find for the low, low price of 125k!

Hey - I like it. Kinda like my plebeian 68 GT Conv... LOL. The $125k starting price is not as out of whack as you might think.
These go for some serious $$. But I'd peg the value here more along $75/80k......

Here is a pic taken a while back of all three of my old cars...
My parents bought the Mustang in 1979 - I drove that car in high school and had a blast. Kept it through the years. I had it restored in 2006.
The 2002 I bought in 1984 to go to college in... sold in 2014 or so. Sorry I did... but you can't keep them all.
And the Coupe I bought in 2010 (?) from a fella here on the board. That car has been @sfdon's for .... uh.... a while. LOL

Attachments

• DSC00311.JPG
    DSC00311.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
in condition 3, Hagerty puts the value at 147k ... but if you restore it to perfect, it could be worth a lot, but it might cost a lot too

Hey - I like it. Kinda like my plebeian 68 GT Conv... LOL. The $125k starting price is not as out of whack as you might think.
These go for some serious $$. But I'd peg the value here more along $75/80k......

Here is a pic taken a while back of all three of my old cars...
My parents bought the Mustang in 1979 - I drove that car in high school and had a blast. Kept it throug the years. I had it restored in 2006.
The 2002 I bought in 1984 to go to college in... sold in 2014 or so. Sorry I did... but you can't keep them all.
And the Coupe I bought in 2010 (?) from a fella here on the board. That car has been @sfdon's for .... uh.... a while. LOL
Love those old mustangs. Talk about parts availability! I think a lot about restoring a 64 1/2 - 67 convertible.

Not sure what the question is on the condition of the car - It will be needing a TOTAL restoration. My Mustang looked just about the same - and
Love those old mustangs. Talk about parts availability! I think a lot about restoring a 64 1/2 - 67 convertible.
I remember when we just got the car (Mustang) - parts were kind of hard to get. Back then, these were (kind of) just a bit of an 'old car' so to speak. There were a few specialty shops - but pretty limited to trim pieces and some running gear. The mechanicals were Ford, so that was (usually) not a problem = just the unique Mustang 'stuff'.

But as time has moved on and ... the values of these rising to the point of people putting some $$ into working on them.... that all changed.
Back in 2006 (when I had mine redone) - I could get just about everything I needed... trim, mechanicals... everything. There is a company that even bought the old Ford tooling and is making body panels again. Complete body for 67/68 fastbacks are available if you are so inclined - not cheap, but... if you want or need to - better than putting $$$ into fixing up a chassis that is a mess. Lots of stuff out there. I have not really paid attention to the Mustang world since mine was done. But you should have options.

Back