Coco Mats - review

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just received my coco mats from www.cocomats.com (absolutely no affiliation) - recommended by blumax.

Perfect fit, extremely well made (rubber backed), not cheap ($212 total) but what on an e9 is? When I think back to the coco mats I had on my 2002s (which always seemed to make more of a mess than they prevented) there is no comparison.

Of course, you have to like coco mats. I was ambivalent initially before ordering but am very pleased.

The BMW logo mats I have now are OK, but I've been thinking about ordering a set of coco mats for my coupe to give it more of a period feel.

BMW logo mats

Which style fit - since obviously BMW does not carry e9 mats. I know the e24 does not fits well. The coco mats are a custom fit - very snug (which is good).

Coco mats and patterns

Don't recall if I had mentioned--Jeff @ Cocomats.com sent me his pattern sets for E-9, E-3 and 2002--I made some enhancements to their fit that I thought would be best for all three oldies that I have at this time--and then proceeded to order four part sets for all three.

I too could not be more pleased with their quality and fit. Unlike the cocomats from the 60's and 70's these mats do not shed and with their robust rubber backing with scores of little feet they simply won't slide from where you place them--they are however heavy as mats go but also help to further quiet the cabin.

Mat pattern

Funny - when I emailed the coco mat folks asking for assurances that they had the proper template to ensure a good fit, they told me (something to the effect) that an extremely devoted, compulsive (maybe they didn't use that word) e9 owner had provided an exact template. So that was you - and the fit is perfect.

Thanks for doing this for all of us.

You know, I'm not really sure which style they are, but the fit is not bad at all. I'll have to do some research to find out...

I had a set of their mats in a previous coupe. They are very well made and durable.

Cocomats even made a trunk mat for me based on a template I made for them. I'm sure they still have the template.

Back