Color differences?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
verona is a good traditional red ... hennarot is a very orange red - a color used in early e30's (especially early m3)

phoenix orange as i remember is a cross between colorado and inka - i know colorado is a yellow orange ... execmalibu calls his the great pumpkin ... but i always thought of it more as a yellow.

02m2

Reaction score
verona is a good traditional red ... hennarot is a very orange red - a color used in early e30's (especially early m3)

phoenix orange as i remember is a cross between colorado and inka - i know colorado is a yellow orange ... execmalibu calls his the great pumpkin ... but i always thought of it more as a yellow.

Interesting but if you look at the pics in the link they look the same. I have a colorado orange 02 and the Phonix orange looks the same....

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No offense but you may be red/green colorblind. I myself am yellow/green. A lot of guys are color blind and don't even know it. I get a lot of crap from the community because I love Golf, but everyone says it's because I am yellow/green colorblind and can't see the actual color like you all see it, and that is true. But since I will never know, if I like it then that is all that matters right?

02m2

Reaction score
No offense but you may be red/green colorblind. I myself am yellow/green. A lot of guys are color blind and don't even know it. I get a lot of crap from the community because I love Golf, but everyone says it's because I am yellow/green colorblind and can't see the actual color like you all see it, and that is true. But since I will never know, if I like it then that is all that matters right?

Thanks...been tested and don't have any issue. I know all the 2002 colors most of which are shared with the e9's. Many manufacturers have different names for the same color on different models. Don't know the e9 stuff very well yet so I apologize for the dumb questions.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks! I definitely like Verona better. I've never been a fan of red cars in general, with exception to a few (like an F40 :)).

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just checked the two band orange parts books and I don't see Phoenix listed as a E9 color. I think many of the colors shown on the euro E9 site are not original to the E9 but are later BMW colors used when cars were restored. That said, I believe there are some examples of "paint-to-order" that were done back in the day. Does anyone know what BMW model did come with phoenix red, if any?

m73

Reaction score
I just checked the two band orange parts books and I don't see Phoenix listed as a E9 color. I think many of the colors shown on the euro E9 site are not original to the E9 but are later BMW colors used when cars were restored. That said, I believe there are some examples of "paint-to-order" that were done back in the day. Does anyone know what BMW model did come with phoenix red, if any?

E21 3series (I think) & some newer cars (1 series) although the newer is much more orange than the former.

MF

Last edited:

D-jetronic

Reaction score
May be a clue

Chart from upholstery book Aug.1976

Have to give a better look in E24 charts.

Marc

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
New development (for me anyway). Despite being listed as a 1977 paint, Phönix was available on late model e3's.

Last edited: