COLOR THOUGHT..

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I understand. I see what you’re saying, but I think I like that vintage look on the older cars. I like metallic a lot on certain vehicles, but I feel like I might like the non metallic blue on the old E3...it might lend to the classic look of it. Like the difference between Sean Connery and Zac Efron..Zac is in better shape, but Connery is just badass vintage... I also think I might shoot it in single stage. I did my old 1600 in its original Manila single stage and it just had that vintage feel, if that’s makes sense...
If it were a newer Porsche, I think metallic would be the choice. Also, it may be the blue that makes me lean toward non metallic..the bmw metallics look fantastic..

MatthewCervi

Reaction score
Yes, I understand. I see what you’re saying, but I think I like that vintage look on the older cars. I like metallic a lot on certain vehicles, but I feel like I might like the non metallic blue on the old E3...it might lend to the classic look of it. Like the difference between Sean Connery and Zac Efron..Zac is in better shape, but Connery is just badass vintage... I also think I might shoot it in single stage. I did my old 1600 in its original Manila single stage and it just had that vintage feel, if that’s makes sense...
If it were a newer Porsche, I think metallic would be the choice. Also, it may be the blue that makes me lean toward non metallic..the bmw metallics look fantastic..
My old tii was Riviera. It's a fantastic color--different in every light.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Colors are so subjective. Personally, I feel like vintage color palettes are so much richer than what is commonly available today, and the good colors today are almost always metallics which I don't always like.
I totally agree. Thats why I was saying that you need to get some depth in them to really show that richness.