Comparing WN and BMW firewall insulation

wilies13

Reaction score
Years ago I bought an original BMW insulation "new / old stock" in a plastic bag with BMW sticker.
The colour is different; it´s a kind of brown.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    381.6 KB · Views: 201

m_thompson

Reaction score
Years ago I bought an original BMW insulation "new / old stock" in a plastic bag with BMW sticker.
The colour is different; it´s a kind of brown.

I painted the BMW brown insulation with flexible black dye intended for car interior parts. After 35 years it is still there.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the upper firewall insulation that WN sells is an oem bmw part?

Well, I just received the one I ordered from W&N. I think the stickers answer the original question pretty clearly

Attachments

• IMG_4865 (1).jpg
    IMG_4865 (1).jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 174

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wonder how it compares to:

Rek

Reaction score
I bought this one and it fits and works well. Cheaper too.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bo, All of Walloth’s stuff has BMW labels!

Before you get annoyed with me, the comment below is a clarification current and future consumers of this thread. I am only attempting to clarify something that will be completely obvious to you @HB Chris. :)

Not exactly. W&N labels always have BMW part numbers, but they aren’t BMW labels.

Bo’s insulation has both. The W&N label with a BMW part number, and a genuine BMW label with the part number. The presence of the BMW label does indicate that the part came from BMW. Many W&N parts don’t come from BMW, but will have the part number. W&N part numbers generally have a leading “A”.