compatible parts/cars

cobubas1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am restoring a RHD 3.0cs in the UK and have some parts that are knackered. I have found replacements but they are soooo expensive - does anyone know what other BMW models used the same running gear, suspension and engine? Espiecially front struts and bearings.
Regards

Colin

simoniko

Reaction score
Parts

Hi Colin, front suspention i think E3 , engine is M30 different modifications are installed untill E34 , E23 , E28 , E24 etc. , front strut/shock bearings are expensive and hard to find , buy some until it is gone , walloth or jaymic should have on stock! Struts bearings are replacable and the springs and shocks are easy to find - SACHS , BILSTEIN , MONROE etc. ! Springs you can check also from JAYMIC or original BMW are even not so expensive ! Front wishbones are only BMW OE availible , my advise is - take it ! Steering suspention is also hard to find ,but there are companies which are renovating the joints and after they are good as new !

Bertocchi

Reaction score
I have found a RHD car that has been parted out. The body was so badly rusted it could not be salvaged. I believe the owner kept most everything else to restore his LHD Coupe.
I am possibly purchasing a rear bumper from him when he gets back in town.
Should I ask him about struts for you?

m_thompson

Reaction score
I have found replacements but they are soooo expensive

I was just looking at some old receipts and comparing the prices on realoem. For a bumper over-rider I paid $36.43 in 1988. The MSRP is now $418.35. That price increase is a little faster than inflation.