console re-upholsterer

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I finally got a core to send out for re-upholstery. I planned to use Bucket Stitch in SC but when I called the recorded message states they are closed to catch up on the existing orders. I called last week for a price quote and never got a call back.

So.... Are there any other recommendations? The search function didn't help.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I finally got a core to send out for re-upholstery. I planned to use Bucket Stitch in SC but when I called the recorded message states they are closed to catch up on the existing orders. I called last week for a price quote and never got a call back.

So.... Are there any other recommendations? The search function didn't help.

Very difficult to get right. Original is molded, very thin vinyl. Sewn leather is too thick. Im going to try Just Dashes.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Update, they called back last night. We are back on. They did the re-upholstered the console parts for bwalvoord and they came out nice.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
back-up

Hi Stan, below are a couple of pictures of the ones my guy re-did. I think it was around 100.00 and they fit really well. As you know all you need is 1/1000th of an inch of extra material and the whole thing goes south :)

Attachments

• console stitching.jpg
    console stitching.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 204
  • console stitching1.jpg
    console stitching1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 185

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bucket Stitch

Stan

I had mine recovered at Bucket Stitch and they came out nice as well.

The cost to recover the kick panels was $235 in late 2013. This included approx $55 in materials (Duane told me he sourced the black vinyl, which is softer than the original molded vinyl, from GAHH) and $20 shipping.