Convertible csi on the bay

shanon

Reaction score
looks like a good candidate for a parade or Pope mobile.

Come on.....someone 'finish it'

;-)

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
By "finish it" I gather you mean put it out of it's misery. They shoot horses don't they?
I'd love to have it for parts but shiping to the northeast would be cost prohibitive.

jmackro

Reaction score
With a title like: "1973 BMW 3.0 CSI CS CAR PART CONVERTIBLE 2002 TII CSL BBS RIMS BATMOBILE CLASSIC 3.0CS M30 TII 2002" you know it isn't going to be pretty.

I never thought than anyone could transform a car as beautiful as a coupe into something so ugly!

Attachments

• posBMW.jpg
    posBMW.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 154

Simufly

Reaction score
Do hope they did alot of strengthening, removing the roof from a monocoque structure virtually destroys any structural integrity. Bet it twists like a goodun!

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
Body flex on one of these cuts is pretty easily tamed. Remove the rocker covers and weld in 1x3 steel tubes down the gunnels with a tab pointing at the center of the car at each end. Replace rockers. Fab 4 1" straps that bolt to above tabs and attach to each corner of a 8" square plate in the center, under the driveshaft, resulting in a large removable "X." The car is much stiffer this way than with the roof. We had to change the shocks.