Convertible e9 anyone?

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
For sale through german ebay site:

Add says " for restoration" ...which may be a pickle.

Only 2 pics dont really help the sale of this car. Not even one with the tent up....

Not mine, no affiliation , and also no opinion on the conversion, other then I know this must have been a lot of work!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To my knowledge, there are no real 3.0 CS Cabriolets. They are all suspect as to who did the work & reinforced the structure.

If BMW had Baur actually make Cabriolets in limited numbers like the 1600s & 2002s, they would command a premium. Top goes down the price goes up.

jmackro

Reaction score
Only 2 pics dont really help the sale of this car. Not even one with the tent up....

Yes, with only two photos - and one an aerial - it's tough to really get a sense for the car. Seeing it with the top up would be instructive.

Not mine, no affiliation , and also no opinion on the conversion, other then I know this must have been a lot of work!

A lot of work to what end? I've always felt that the 9's pillars and roof give it its elegance. Chop off the roof and you're left with a brick-shaped object on four wheels.

Simufly

Reaction score
Yes, with only two photos - and one an aerial - it's tough to really get a sense for the car. Seeing it with the top up would be instructive.

A lot of work to what end? I've always felt that the 9's pillars and roof give it its elegance. Chop off the roof and you're left with a brick-shaped object on four wheels.
Agreed. The e9 body is not very strong even when in good condition. Take the roof off any you are effectively destroying the monocoque. The extra reinforcement required to replace the strength of the missing roof and retain the structural integrity of the body would be a sight to behold. On the other had you could just cut the roof off and hope!

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score

Totally agree with you but you have to admit if it looks like a brick with the top chopped off - it's a really good looking brick!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ruins the best part of an E9; that lovely roof.

And of course, proably looks horrid w/the top up.

The only conversion that seems to be done right is this one w/the over the top interior: