Converting a 3.0csa to 3.0 csi

Marco

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to build a csi so de auto has to go and de carbs.

What kind of things do i need to change to make the change work

Body parts ?
Wiring?

Let me know so i can do it the right way :D

Wow..................the list is seemingly endless. Let me just say that this work is non-trivial, and I'm not sure why you'd want to build a D-Jet motor, or even go to all the trouble of installing one in a CS. Many D-Jet owners end up going to triple Webers in their quest for more BHP. Given the cost and complexity of restoring a FI system that is arcane at best, it really makes no sense to do this work.

The reason is simple i've got a csi but this one is BAD REALY BAD
and a CSA body that is good condition with wiring but no engine.

So before i kick the metal to a shredder what parts do i need to keep ?

Thanks

What parts do you need to keep?

Answer's easy: all of 'em. Coupe parts, in case you hadn't noticed, are somewhat scarce, and criminally expensive if NOS. If you don't need them, surely the rest of us do.

What parts do you need to keep, part 2

You need the entire front wiring harness, every piece of the fuel system (tank, pump, hard lines, etc), any engine electrical parts for the injection system, the pedal box, radiator and other parts for the manual transmission conversion, and anything else that looks different from the auto trans.

You should also try to cut off any of the brackets attached to the body, such as air filter mounts, that are specific to the CSi.

It is a lot easier to get all this stuff now, than to try to scrounge it later.

Take lots of pictures before and while you disassemble the CSi so you'll know where to put all this stuff on the CSA!

Some parts others will want include: vented brake parts, including rear trailing arms, glass, lights, interior parts, etc.

Back