Cordless 3/8” Ratchet

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dewalt has a 20v ratchet coming out soon. I would wait a moment or pre-order it. That way you won't be swimming in batteries.

I try to buy my dewalt tools without batteries if/when possible. Have enough batteries to last all day. :D

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
All of this talk of battery operated tools has deflated my air compressor's ego.

I have several Hitachi 18v tools that I'm quite satisfied with. They are now branded Metabo. I'd love to find a ratchet by them so I could stick with the same battery family, but sadly they don't seem to make one.

The recent rise of powerful, long-lasting battery powered tools has been a real boon to the thievery business. Angle grinders for locks and sawzalls for stealing catalytic converters. A friend of mine is a manager of an Ace Hardware here that happens to be broken into rather frequently. Also sees a fair bit of grabbing and running out the store. Stealing a Li-Ion angle grinder is like a BOGO but without the "B" part: first you stole the stealing implement, now you're ready to go steal other stuff with it.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
All of this talk of battery operated tools has deflated my air compressor's ego.

As I am clearing out my garage, I let go of my 80 gallon compressor. I still have a small one, bigger than a pancake compressor and has a 5hp motor but the tank is maybe 25 gallons. I still use the impact gun (rarely). It’s mainly on tire filling and nail gun duty.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I am clearing out my garage, I let go of my 80 gallon compressor. I still have a small one, bigger than a pancake compressor and has a 5hp motor but the tank is maybe 25 gallons. I still use the impact gun (rarely). It’s mainly on tire filling and nail gun duty.
Mine isn't terribly large. Like yours bigger than a pancake, but not by a whole lot. Still not the kind of thing you want to move around a lot. Mine mainly gets used for tire filling and with a blow gun for cleaning things these days.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love my 80 gallon Brazillian compressor. I am scared of my older 60 gallon one at another location, thinking it might blow up one day due to corrosion. I am very scared of the plasma cutter.