Coupe Ancestry Project - 2800 CS (USA models)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
<edit 8-21-24 - the original file has been deleted ... please see post 3 of this thread and you will find the new pdfs>

okay, this is the next post regarding 2800 CSs in the coupe ancestry project ... and we are moving on to both the 2800 CSA (USA).
If you own a 2800 CSA, please look at the lists to find your VIN. if its there and you owned it on or before the year listed, we probably don't need any additional information unless you have significantly moved, changed colors ... or if your coupe is resting in peace (no longer with us). If your VIN isn't on this list, or if the date precedes your ownership / location is different, please send me a PM and we will add you to the list. Please notice that we only have info on 158 of the 526 - 2800 CSA ... we would like to know more. If you know of a 2800 CSA that is no longer with us, please let me know that. Please see the attached pdf - too much info to paste into a single post.

here are our objectives - to find out all we know about
VIN (still living / on the road, gone forever / parts cars)
Color
Location (general, at most city / region + country)

what we aren't trying to ascertain - how original / what changes / restored or not ... if you want to provide any other info, we will keep it in the spreadsheet.
what we aren't going to do - we will NOT distribute or publish any information regarding owner, specific location.

There are 4 sections to this VIN post
1. cars that have been listed for sale at some point (auction or website)
2. cars with no verified or recent information
3. cars with the most recent information (dated) - last known country and last known color
4. cars with recently verified information (nothing else needed - this is a small list)

THANKS for your participation
scott

Last edited:
<edit 8-21-24 - the original file has been deleted ... please see post 3 of this thread and you will find the new pdfs>

Here is the 2800 CS (USA) portion of the project. please see the instructions above ... i would like to hear from my fellow 2800cs owners

we have information on 228 or the 641 known VIN ... 35.57% ... we have 30.04% of the 526 known VIN of the 2800 CSA. so we basically know of 1/3 of the 2800 CS (USA)

Last edited:
okay time for the updates for the 2800 CS + 2800 CSA - just like the 3.0 CS + CSA, there are some changes

1st - i have reorganized the files placing the recently verified cars at the top of the sheet (under the orange banner), followed by the most recently known cars with some information (generally between 2009 and 2020) ... so if you don't find your car in the recently verified section, look in the one with the green banner. the next section are cars that have been publicly sold (BaT, Hemmings, ebay, etc.), if you haven't found your car or you have recently purchased your car ... you might try the section under the blue banner, if you have had no luck finding your car ... try the tan banner. these are cars that we have very little information on, but they have been known to exist in the 80s + 90s as part of the CS Registry or simply cars that had owners that were never part of 'CCA, the CS registry or e9coupe. the very last section is about cars that are either gone forever, or became parts cars ... i did find one of the parts cars that ended up being sold on BaT. if you have looked and simply cannot find your car - just send me information and we will add you in the next update.

most of all, if you have any information on previous owners, or you don't believe that we have you associated with your coupe ... please drop me a line. if you want to know what info i have on your car, feel free to ask, i will be glad to share.

i also want to thank the handful of people who have reached out and provided some good information.
thanks
scott

Attachments

• 2800 CS (USA) VIN sorted - v2.pdf
    270.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 2800 CSA (USA) VIN sorted - v2.pdf
    262.2 KB · Views: 35
okay - i have downloaded all of the previous information and deleted the previous posts ... other than the pertinent information. so those of you that haven't please drop me a line. if you know of other USA 2800 cs (any condition), would like to know that too.

we only have 31 verified owners (14 of which are officially confirmed).
there are 98 of which we are pretty confident of knowing where they are
there are 74 that we know have sold
there are 161 that we have seen at some point - most are old sitings
there are 22 that we think are gone forever / parts cars ... this number is probably way low

Back