Coupe or other vintage for staging

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am about to complete a modern house here in the Menlo Park area and working with architect and realtor on the idea of using the coupe during staging and virtual tour photos. The subliminal mantra would be that contrarians prefer modern houses with classic cars...
Teslas no longer set you apart here.

I could use the E9 and the E24 as the house has split car garages (to minimize the garage impact on the front). Or better yet keep one on the driveway.

If somebody wants to volunteer a better coupe or vintage car to this project I am looking at staging in the next 10 days. Compensation would be some soft drinkable fluid (espresso, gazpacho, sangria, wine) as that is how we compensate everybody, plus the chance to be in photos that will travel the world... Let me know.

I can post some pictures of the house if relevant. If the ploy works we can start renting coupes to realtors.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
An Alfa 1750 would also be nice and make the house look bigger.

shanon

Reaction score
Any color under consideration?

Polaris or a Chaminox (sp?) could make a nice classic compliment for architecture.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alfa would suit fine but I am concerned about the oil stain it would put on the immaculate paving stone driveway...

We are meeting the stager tomorrow so I can figure out if color matters.

What if the buyer makes an offer that includes the car?

jmackro

Reaction score
What if the buyer makes an offer that includes the car?

That's an interesting issue. Real estate law says that anything affixed to the structure goes along with the sale unless it is explicitly excluded in the listing agreement. So a chandelier that is hard-wired would be understood to be included in the sale, while a table lamp that is plugged in would not.

By that logic, a non-running car is sort of "affixed" to the property. So you'd better not tow an inoperative classic car onto the driveway.

-----

#1 I'm not a lawyer, and #2 I'm just kidding.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's an interesting issue. Real estate law says that anything affixed to the structure goes along with the sale unless it is explicitly excluded in the listing agreement. So a chandelier that is hard-wired would be understood to be included in the sale, while a table lamp that is plugged in would not.

By that logic, a non-running car is sort of "affixed" to the property. So you'd better not tow an inoperative classic car onto the driveway.

-----

#1 I'm not a lawyer, and #2 I'm just kidding.

I was thinking of the car as an irrational impulse buy element. Everybody knows that houses purchases are decided by the wife, throwing in a vintage car can get the husband emotionally involved.

Jay, you have too many Alfas. Do you want to bundle one with this house?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh, you can't have too many Alfas!

But if I still lived in Los Altos, I'd be happy to garage one at this home for a while - sounds like an interesting endeavor.

OK, you have two weeks to rethink it. We conceived the house with split garages at opposite ends of the property and one at 90 degrees from the other. This is precisely for working on a rusty project car and prevent rust from jumping from that car to a good car. Rust never sleeps and very often jumps.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, you have two weeks to rethink it. We conceived the house with split garages at opposite ends of the property and one at 90 degrees from the other. This is precisely for working on a rusty project car and prevent rust from jumping from that car to a good car. Rust never sleeps and very often jumps.

Like fleas?

An another note, I finally sold my house. During the 2 years it was on the market I had 8 offers... on the coupe!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was thinking of the car as an irrational impulse buy element. Everybody knows that houses purchases are decided by the wife, throwing in a vintage car can get the husband emotionally involved.

Jay, you have too many Alfas. Do you want to bundle one with this house?

In our case I am pretty sure we bought our house because the fridge gave ice cubes. This was my deciding vote to say ….Yes, this is the one. To this day my wife says she hates our kitchen and never would have bought this house.

+note…the fridge quit giving ice cubes about three years ago.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Like fleas?

An another note, I finally sold my house. During the 2 years it was on the market I had 8 offers... on the coupe!

I believe that Stan. 2 years on the market? Was the realtor being trained on the job?

Took the E24 today and seems like a good aesthetic fit. The idea of a split garage is resonating with the public, they like that if the garage is used for storage and miscellaneous projects the abuse is contained to one garage.

May try the coupe tomorrow.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 184

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Today added two valuable items to the staging, both of them red. And like Stan got quite a few inquiries on the car...

Attachments

• heyco.jpg
    heyco.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 159
  • staging2.jpg
    staging2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 144

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe that Stan. 2 years on the market? Was the realtor being trained on the job?

Took the E24 today and seems like a good aesthetic fit. The idea of a split garage is resonating with the public, they like that if the garage is used for storage and miscellaneous projects the abuse is contained to one garage.

May try the coupe tomorrow.

I think that realtors are more tour guides. They do not "sell"
Not to offend any realtors in the group...

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It sold on the second day we opened to offers.

Stan this proves that sex and red cars sell, which one will you use next time :)?