Coupe parts wanted

Cslwannabe

Reaction score
Hello
I have a ‘73 baikal cs that has met a deer.
I am in need of a hood, nose, rf fender, rf headlight bucket, front bumper, and grilles to
Put it back on the road.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_5758.jpeg
    IMG_5758.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 65
I have a hood, alas it is in El Salvador. If you pay for crating and shipping it is yours for the asking.
Not until middish November, though....

Regards, Alberto

I have a hood, alas it is in El Salvador. If you pay for crating and shipping it is yours for the asking.
Not until middish November, though....

Regards, Alberto
Hi, That's a bummer, I do have a hood, grill, a E3 headlight bucket that I'm told works. I'm located about an hour east of Sacramento Ca. Ed

Wow! Thanks one and all for such quick and warm outpouring of sources!! I will be in touch.

Thinking out loud here but if the body shop (or at home with a come-along) were to pull the damage out a little bit with the center grill still in place it may bend back into shape.

Hi--I have a set of headlight grills in great shape if you are unable to find them locally.

The most difficult to find will be to find a good fender. Maybe only corner part can be re-welded but if it is in a good shape, professional body shop will push the complete front out when it is still welded in one piece. That might save some of the body parts as they can be easily repaired later.
In my humble opinion after good body shop process it will appear what is really needed from the car body parts as replacing all to new non-original might create more problems to keep the shape of the front with proper gaps/proportions.

Front aluminum trim line will also be needed as the one will not be possible to be put back into proper shape.

Good luck with all the process!

From my limited experience with dents and body shops, me thinks that fixing your front fender is less work vs welding in a new one.

A nos fender is 3-5k euro/usd for the part, plus 1k to get it in.
A used fender is cheaper, but likely you will want to fix some corners of it before welding it in. Thus likely coming in at 1-1,5 k for a used fender, and 2-3k to weld it in.

I'd spend some time to find a bodyshop that employs a ( 60 year young) sheet metal guru...

Now if you know that there is serious rust under there, then I'd chop it all off.

....nicht verzagen, TomHom fragen:
IMG-20230331-WA0010.jpg

Guess this might be helpful, at a very reasonable price!
Will send you pm in a minute
Thomas

...the part is from somebody who's driving skills I really admireIMG-20230402-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20230402-WA0001.jpg
...and if the deer next time hits the left side:
IMG-20230331-WA0009.jpg
....we are prepared

Last edited:
Back