Crazy used parts market - 02-05 Thunderbird

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is good for business but I just don't understand how it's possible. 02-05 Ford Thunderbird tail lights used to sell for around $200 used. I guess at some point they became discontinued and now the market is nuts. I bought a repairable car recently that we made a parts car because of the number. I paid $2200 for the whole car.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought those T-Birds were the LEAST collectable of all the "retro look" cars produced during that (thankfully) short time when every maker was doing at least one. I think Ford must have used a bar of soap as the design inspiration. :(

Maybe it's just me, but I thought those T-Birds were the LEAST collectable of all the "retro look" cars produced during that (thankfully) short time when every maker was doing at least one. I think Ford must have used a bar of soap as the design inspiration. :(
Hence the short production run...

The posting on that one says:

"This is a used taillight from a 2002 Ford Thunderbird. The item has about 6 small cracks on the right edge of the light."

For $1500? Ouch.

In my humble opinion, it might still be worth to spend $1500 on the used taillight for the Ford to be visible in the night, to pass the technical check and not being stopped by Police rather than spent $1000 for used E9 user manual. o_O

Another thought: if the Guys here are so experienced to produce E9 indicator or taillights lenses they should diversify the portfolio and should start doing lenses to other classic cars. It looks to be a great deal in small quantities even.

The posting on that one says:

"This is a used taillight from a 2002 Ford Thunderbird. The item has about 6 small cracks on the right edge of the light."

For $1500? Ouch.
Wow! The price for my lenses is reasonable then.
I would think one could still buy tail light lenses from Ford!

Year​
Production​
Total​

Back