CSI dream is home

1Jarhead2

Reaction score
I retrieved the BMW from its barn and have begun multiple trips back and forth in order to bring all the parts home. This guy hoarded huge piles of BMW 3.0 parts. I have tons of new old stock parts, 5 complete sets of front seats, numerous door cards and interior pieces. I bet there is enough parts to build 4 to 5 cars. No windshield or back glass. Car is a sunroof model and is pretty solid. I dont know enough about the parts on these cars so I will be asking a ton of questions and selling off some of them. Once it gets warm out here,I will inventory everything and start posting. There is even a complete set of real nice molds for the 3.0 csl box flared race car and a set of molds for the CSL bumpers.
bmw%20cccssii_zpsvekuzxpa.jpg

bmw%20csiiiii_zpsqnee0fle.jpg

bmw%20cssii_zpsty35orng.jpg

bmw%20csii_zpswosgndnj.jpg

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to have another CSI on the forum! Does it seem to have the original engine and injection around? If so and you plan to try and keep it, we have a little special interest group of sorts who try to suss out "d-jet" matters.

You'll no doubt be getting inquires about parts. If there is spare Euro engine stuff I'd be interested. Also looking for AC console parts...

But take your time and enjoy the sorting out the "treasures"!
Paul

1Jarhead2

Reaction score
There is a lot of injection stuff but unfortunately the previous owner was thinking American V8 and junked the engine and trans. I am not sure what direction,that I will be going with as far as drivetrain. It will be all BMW, M30B32 would be nice

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is lots of engine swap info here! A m30b32 could be nice. A favorite here is the m30b35. But good to avoid the common and low compression US m30b34 that was in production between the b32 and b35 engines.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
parts

yea you need to find the oem 7.5 wheels
i was lucky enuff to get a pair 20 yrs ago from berkeley
bmw salvage

1Jarhead2

Reaction score
After 3 separate trips with my enclosed trailer and long bed crew cab,I now have all of the parts home. Bad news is, no engine or trans so the car will never be original. Question is,do I build it clean and low like Cole Fosters,do I go Box flares and build a Group 5 style car? I know that its my car and I can build it anyway that I want but that didnt work out so well for me on the last one. lol. I built a VW speedster,put $13k in parts, countless labor hours, featured in 14 magazines world wide,tried for a year to sell it and eventually let it go for $12k. Not a good business move. So I would love to hear opinions on what the best route to take that might give me some return after I build it and enjoy it for a bit. Pictures are of the radical VW. sectioned 6",narrowed 4", shortened 12" and channeled 4" so you can see metal work is something I enjoy.
S_2568c2c2e4.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Group 5 boxed flares will appeal to far fewer potential buyers.
If you intend to keep it and enjoy it, then whatever you like is fine. A Stella art car homage would be awesome!
Other than that, make it look as stock as possible. There are a lot of options under the hood from a stock 3.0 all the way to M engines. You are more likely to find a buyer but beware, don't expect to make a killing on resale.

1Jarhead2

Reaction score
I love the shape and style of this BMW and it may just get put into my collection,when I am done. I knew as soon as we couldnt find the original drivertrain that the value diminished quickly. Thats okay as it now means that I can have fun with it.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love the shape and style of this BMW and it may just get put into my collection,when I am done. I knew as soon as we couldnt find the original drivertrain that the value diminished quickly. Thats okay as it now means that I can have fun with it.

Keep in mind, a restomod does not necessarily diminish value. Many will swap the engine for an M30B35 with either carburetors or FI. Many will swap in a 5 speed, and many will install a limited slip differential (if they can find one). That said, a car that has been well sorted, rust removed, fresh paint (period correct color), nice interior wood and upholstery can command decent money.