CSL Aluminium doors - intrigued

frogisland

Reaction score
Appreciate they have aluminium skins, but is any part of the internal structure aluminium, i.e. the upper inner cross member. I was under the impression the latter was aluminium on the CSL doors.

Having a discussion on another forum and i think my beliefs are being 'realigned' (in a pleasant and cordial way i might add). But i am intrigued.

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_130148.jpg
    IMG_20191115_130148.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 101

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Appreciate they have aluminium skins, but is any part of the internal structure aluminium, i.e. the upper inner cross member. I was under the impression the latter was aluminium on the CSL doors.

Having a discussion on another forum and i think my beliefs are being 'realigned' (in a pleasant and cordial way i might add). But i am intrigued.
Jason,

Yes, I, too, was intrigued by this. To my certain knowledge, the only door parts are the skin, the supplementary internal cross member and the hinges on the 1972/3 CSL City pack. The rest is steel.

I shall be posting my recently-acquired aluminium bonnet (hood) and boot-lid (trunk) as soon as I can persuade my tech savvy daughter to show me how to download the pics.

Best wishes,

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have set of purported original alloy doors, and the inner structure is steel. I also have a set of alloy hinges.