CSL at auction in France

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score

Was born RHD, converted to LHD. Wonder if the car is being sold because of the same issues that @Belgiumbarry is having with getting a modified vintage car road registered? If it goes below estimate, might be worth taking it to the US and either driving as is or taking the interior back to stock.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
could be possible @craterface , as i see direct the roll cage .. prohibited from now on for a street legal car.
Also the wider wheels/tires, but of course this is less effort to change to oem for a tech inspection…..

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
could be possible @craterface , as i see direct the roll cage .. prohibited from now on for a street legal car.
Also the wider wheels/tires, but of course this is less effort to change to oem for a tech inspection…..

Do you know if France also have these new rules you've got in Belgium? o_O
Here up in the northern parts of EU we haven't heard about any new rules, heck, in Sweden you can still swap engines and modify ALOT and still keep it street legal as long as you stay within certain rules of such mods, and you're even allowed to build your own car from scratch (while following regulations) and have it street legal.
Here in Finland we still don't have any "silly" new rules regarding classic cars, and approved roll cages are OK if I haven't missed anything.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
what i do know @Gransin , roll cages are prohibited here... as far as it's going beyond the front seats. For example a Porsche GT3 is allowed , just a main loop behind the seats and some supports going backwards. But sure nothing in front.

but there is so many more that has to be oem….suspension, brakes, steering,engine,seats, etc... and you can't discuss at the tech inspection , those are just monkeys with a multiple choice sheet , a V or a X . :mad:

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
seems prep'd as my red rally coupe, but don't see pics of the suspension. In mine it is all special build by INTRAX.
Mine is of course not a CSL....

PS hydraulic emergency brake is also NOT allowed anymore… to be street legal.
Good old days…..