Csl engine compartment

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hullo, I have recently purchased a 1972CSL , , its a bare shell ,I thought i would start at the engine compartment ,but i need to know if i have any extra holes in the area before i paint, detailed engine compartment photo,s would be very helpful.
Thanks, Burky

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Burky,

if you google and look for Yannick's Orange Alpina Csl restoration there are lots of pics on the m5 board which will be a good reference for you. Which chassis number is it you have? Have you added it to the registry linked at the top of the page?

Regards,

Rohan

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Burky,

if you google and look for Yannick's Orange Alpina Csl restoration there are lots of pics on the m5 board which will be a good reference for you. Which chassis number is it you have? Have you added it to the registry linked at the top of the page?

Regards,

Rohan

Link?

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Rohan, chassis no 2285171, I attempted to register this car , but unfortunatly I do not have the build month at this point,and could not complete the registration.
Thanks for the tip.
Burky

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Engine Bay Holes from Passenger Side Pics

From a RHD City Pack Car.
Hope this is what you are looking for.
If so can post others taken from inside the engine bay.

Best,

David

Attachments

• IMG_2099.JPG
    IMG_2099.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2100.JPG
    IMG_2100.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_2104.JPG
    IMG_2104.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 142

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, I was actually looking for the engine compartment, I also am located in Sydney, perhaps a visit to our respective cars? PM.
Thanks ,Burky.

Last edited:

Bryce

Reaction score
these pics may help

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123429072@N07/albums/72157644049624316

Hi
There are engine bay pics in the repair work folder that may help. I modified the A pillar with a round space to install a speaker better but otherwise the finished engine bay should be as close as I know to original. The engine installed after is a M30B35 with motonic 1.3 so that's also not original but the metal work is.

cheers
Bryce

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Bryce, you are a brave man,I do not believe i have a speck of rust as my car has been in storage since 87 , and i did have a pretty good look at it, but paint stripper time this weekend so we shall see.
Thanks again.
Burky