CSL for sale

d-ace

Reaction score
$180K is exceptionally high even for a pristine CSL even though there were less than 300 made each year over the few years these cars were made. These CS, CSI, CSL BMW’s correctly restored or just not drove at all and garaged since the 1970’s are extremely under priced for the model that got BMW going and beyond the box look.
I have a CSI I restored over years of work and had two well known body shops that specialize in restoration appraisers the car. Both said just the work and materials if you could find them now days was over $45,000 just two months ago.
Any of these cars well taken care of over the years or correctly restored and there is only about 10% of what was made back then still in that category will only go up in price basically because there is only about 1000 left worldwide.
I saw yesterday at Barrett-Jackson a late 1950’s Packer sold for $141K and that is not even close to the performance of a CS BMW.
Anyone that owns a correctly restored or just not drove CS, CSI, CSL BMW just put it back in a plastic car bag for now their getting very hard to find especially rust free.

chicane

Reaction score
bert35csi said:
Still available! Reduced $50K--- $130K from $180K. No Affiliation!!!
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/1084603425.html

LOL. That's quite a price reduction (28%). He'll probably have as much luck with $130K as he did with $180K. But he is moving in the right direction.

Also, I don't know how many people who peruse Craigslist are looking for $130K cars, most are looking for $1300 cars.

RonP

Reaction score
Also, I don't know how many people who peruse Craigslist are looking for $130K cars, most are looking for $1300 cars.

Aint that the truth!!!! I had an e30 that I bought from my neighbor at the 11th hour as she was moving to Florida the next day. I cleaned up the car and put it up for $3500......nothing, then $2900 and I was getting pinged every ten minutes. Craigslist=Bottom Feeders. The only thing I have ever gotten from CL is SPAM from Nigeria, oh and of course I won the UK Lottery every day for three months too. :lol: Sometimes I would win three times a day.