CSL FS on Collecting cars

Maybe the restorer could have put the paint sticker in the correct location, after all, this coupe has the “Prestigious BMW Classic” certificate!

"It is one of just 167 cars built, so represents an exceptionally rare model" This is a "key fact" in the description. I thought the carb models were the first 167 cars built.
Perhaps there were only 167 of the 3153cc M30 engines in the cars? These Key Facts should be accurate at these bid prices.
There's another post with a 1973 CSL for sale at Hemmings.

"It is one of just 167 cars built, so represents an exceptionally rare model" This is a "key fact" in the description. I thought the carb models were the first 167 cars built.
Perhaps there were only 167 of the 3153cc M30 engines in the cars? These Key Facts should be accurate at these bid prices.
There's another post with a 1973 CSL for sale at Hemmings.

That’s right, here the reference is to the Series 1 Bats (110 cars) and Series 2 Bats (57cars). Rarely are the facts correct.
The other Bat at Hemings is also a 1st series Bat, VIN 2275450 and VIN 2275484.

Price at £215k now … slowly going up , about 9hrs left till auction ends

Car did not sell for its reserve

Looks stunning to me. The documentation folders and history files alone seem absolutely pristine. Clearly this CSL was much loved by its current owner. What a shame it didn't sell, although chances are negotiations might continue post auction.

This cars history is amazing ie 1st owner kept this car for 35yrs in Sweden

Now it’s a 3 owner car

Current owner purchased this Bat in 2018 and is looking to get his original investment back

Highest bid was 260k and the owner at the moment is not prepared to lose 50k plus on their investment

This cars history is amazing ie 1st owner kept this car for 35yrs in Sweden

Now it’s a 3 owner car

Current owner purchased this Bat in 2018 and is looking to get his original investment back

Highest bid was 260k and the owner at the moment is not prepared to lose 50k plus on their investment
Was that 260k GBP, or USD? The high bid is not stated now on the site. Thanks, Scott

Back