CSL petri steering wheel question

TTsf

Reaction score
Hello-
I have (what i think is) a CSL 380mm petri steering wheel. The steering wheel is wrapped in rubber instead of leather. did the CSL steering wheel have steering wheels in a rubber covering instead of leather. And can I get his rewrapped in leather? Mine has the finger indentations in the back part of the steering wheel so if the steering wheel is rewrapped can it be mimicked in leather or is the leather version smooth in the back side? thanks.

Sounds like the wheel on my CSL.

Can't help on what can be done to "leatherize" it.

Happy to take it off your hands for a song if a non-leather wheel isn't up to your standards. I'd even be able to come pick it up.......

CSL Petri S'wheel

As far as I know, the CSL S'wheels were covered in leather and the 2002 models had basically the same looking wheel but the grip was in rubber. The horn hook-up was also different but many 2002 wheels have been modified to fit the E9 due to the shortage of the E9 CSL wheels.

schnell540- sorry. just got it wrapped in new leather.will be taking a look at the finish product on friday.

CSL Wheel -- leather or rubber? Yes.

It was available in rubber and leather, so yours is an original wheel.

You can have it rewrapped in leather. Find a reputable steering wheel restoration shop. There are lots around on the Web and certainly in Northern CA.

Back