csl racing mirrors

bmw art car

Reaction score
i am looking for mirrors similar to the 70's gr 4 cars.
can anyone point me toward a model or brand ?
thank you

61porsche

Reaction score
Any particular car in Grp 4?

photo_autograph_muir_8_500x316.jpg

Some had none. Some appear to be black Talbot. Some are AERO ( curved aluminum cover). Some are paddle but wide base than stock.

bmw art car

Reaction score
this is what i had in mind :)

btw...do you know what the chromy bits are? there are two on the passenger door, but only one on the driver side ...

Attachments

• DSC04304.jpg
    DSC04304.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 261
  • chrome piece.JPG
    chrome piece.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 228

61porsche

Reaction score
Sensors

Sensors.$2200 ea. One pointing to the ground is radar measuring track speed presumably for changing conditions. The one pointing up is measuring tires/ temps. same on the other side. Hooked to computers. Pretty modern high tech. Kinda look like license plate lamps till you understand what it is.

Non standard, non period mirrors. Probably custom and probably not legal depending on what you're doing. Breakaway for sure.

Easiest solution is a Sebring mirror mounted sideways or down if you want the period correct look. But pls. check on what and where you want to go with this before you have to redo something because of regs.

Nice color choice. There were a couple independents running Schnitzers ( not the burgandy Schnitzer backed cars) with colors similar to that back in the day. I'll try to find some pictures which were probably what inspired that one.

bmw art car

Reaction score
its alexander calders art car

i want to do a homage to alexander calder.
since it was the first art car. and since i have a copy of one already :) 8 series

wow interesting thing on the sensors :) i got to do some reading on how they worked.
early telemetry , huh?

thank you for the mirror info. ill see if i can them :)

Attachments

• alexander-calder-bmw-art-car-3.jpg
    alexander-calder-bmw-art-car-3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC04301.jpg
    DSC04301.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 210

bmw art car

Reaction score
Too much science fiction in your life ?!

These are simple lights and are mandatory to race Le Mans (Marshalls to see the car number during the night).

oh... do you know what kind ? they look a bit like licence plate lights

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh... do you know what kind ? they look a bit like licence plate lights

I thought they were ashtrays for those who like to look cool and keep their smoke outside the car. When nobody is watching you rotate them from the inside and they empty on the street.

bmw art car

Reaction score
I thought they were ashtrays for those who like to look cool and keep their smoke outside the car. When nobody is watching you rotate them from the inside and they empty on the street.

that's a good idea...especially for le mans, where you can't really pull over for a cigarette break :)

pamp

Reaction score

Looks to me to be standard 2002 licence illumination lamps...re-worked...more shiny than my cars ever were. Nice album previous by 61porsche

bmw art car

Reaction score
Looks to me to be standard 2002 licence illumination lamps...re-worked...more shiny than my cars ever were. Nice album previous by 61porsche

the license plate light is a good lead... :)
the 2002 lights look a bit different but they will do
unless i find a perfect match

nameless

Reaction score
this is what i had in mind :)

I found a pair of those which were Abarth/Alfa GTA replacement mirrors. I found them here at International Auto Parts, an Alfa, Fiat, Lancia parts house.

Might need to fab up some holders to adjust them properly, but from my Calder model they were simply flush mount to the door. Perhaps that's only the driver side.

My Art Car is going to be a little different however (sans swastika of course :-/):

tamiya_fw-190a3_48.jpg

Jason