CSL running right again!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well guys, I managed to get a sealing ring and new screen filter for the fuel pick up. Took the car out tonight and she is back to her old self. Need to adjust the timing slightly i feel.

Now that that is fixed Im homing in on other slight problems. With 14" wheels on the car runs straight as a die and has no wobbles on the run or under braking. With the 16's on there is a wobble at 55-60 but have had the wheels rebalanced to no avail. As it is more pronounced under braking and with the 16's am i right to suspect that the wishbone bushed/balljoint may be gone/going. It is very similar to my m6 which was cured with new control and thrust arm bushes?

I see W&N has the whole arm for sale at a reasonable price.

Thanks to all of you who helped with suggestions along the way to get the car going again.

Regards,

Rohan

Rohan,

- Le Mans Classic? (July 6-7-8-9)
- Oldtimer Grand-Prix? (August 11-12-13)

Marco and I already have booked our hotels! BTW, Marc will also be there!
Which car will you come with? This year I will not come with a CSL, it's an exception (!), but will attend both events with my M3 Alpina B6-S... and so will Marco as well (!)... I cannot wait anymore

Yannick.

P.S. Best to your father

Hey Yannick!

Im really hoping to make the Le Mans Classic, I know I asked before but do you know if there are any rooms left where you are staying, What is the name so i can enquire?

Hope all is well with you. How is the restoration going?

I didn't know you had a B6s, is this a new addition? There is a nice one for sale here at the moment.

It would be great to see yourself, Marco and Marc again.

Regards,

Rohan

my work email is [email protected]

Rohan,

Link to hotel -> www.concordelemans.com

I however do not want to give you too much hope as far as free rooms concerned! You know this is a BIG event (I did my reservation... last year in June!!!). Get in touch with them asap! Good luck!

BTW, this year lots of ProCar M1s, Gp2 CLSs, Gp2 Capris, RSs / RSRs Porsches expected (70's Grid)... Also a Calder replica with 24 valves engine will race and the group 2 Garage Du Bac should have the Pace Car role...I even do not mention the 60's Grid with GT 40s, 250LMs, D-Types Jags etc...

Restorations are going well and I will (for sure!) attend the 2008 Le Mans Classic edition with a CSL Alpina. More on your private eMail. I just see you mention this is your work eMail (?) Trust you will not mind if Pics are sent to this address (?).

Yannick

Malc,

not as yet, it feels more like a bush or something. Its funny on the 840 there is a similar wobble which im sure is the control arms and it is at the same speed. I would have thought the brakes would show up with the 14" wheels as well but to a lesser degree. Think i will change the arms anyway just for peace of mind.

How is the old girl going? So much nicer now that summer is here to be messing about with them!

Regards,

Rohan

Yannick, just tried the hotel and as one would expect no luck! I would love to see the pictures, the work address is fine.

I will look into other hotels today and hope that there are some cancellations!

Regards,

Rohan

Back