Custom taillight rendering

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does anyone recall a post from way back where someone had drawn up an alternative, different shaped very custom taillight configuration? I can't find it.

As much as I love making you squirm @hbchris, it's just for discussion about customizations I'm having with someone. My taillights are safe.

I'm not necessarily a fan, nor am I necessarily opposed. But I am a fan of creativity in general. For the record, a few of the biggest (non-standard restomod/batmobile/group racer) e9 customizations:

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/robert-downey-jr-1974-bmw-3-0-cs-restomod-2947793/

DD4DD21E-A203-479B-8BF0-6B5FE0B09616.jpeg

Not what I was thinking of. This was an asymmetric total re-think that would require lots of body mods. Kinda L shaped.

i'm really glad i am not familiar with this. i think i might cringe more than our friend @HB Chris ... and that would take some doing. the quick trip down memory lane for the retro tributes was enough to make me queezy.

Who else remembers about 10-12 years ago a brown coupe that had an early e12 rear section grafted on to it. It showed up on ebay for sale in PA. Not just the lights but the whole rear section including boot lid, bumper and fuel filler door. Story was that the work was done somewhere in the middle east in the 80's before the was imported to the US. I searched the interwebs for photos to no avail. Just as well it was awful.

The Frankencoupe

100_0666.jpg

Who else remembers about 10-12 years ago a brown coupe that had an early e12 rear section grafted on to it. It showed up on ebay for sale in PA. Not just the lights but the whole rear section including boot lid, bumper and fuel filler door. Story was that the work was done somewhere in the middle east in the 80's before the was imported to the US. I searched the interwebs for photos to no avail. Just as well it was awful.

This helped me kick off my diet............................I have no appetite. That said, this is a matter of choice and I never tread on that.

I remember it well, it was for sale forever. I wonder where it ended up?

Maybe more palatable if it had'nt been painted "menopause mauve". I wish I could forget that rear end.

Lets all take a deep breath, click your rear quarter panels together, and say "there's no place like home..."

Attachments

• e9 pass tailight lens.jpg
    e9 pass tailight lens.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 120
Back