DASH COMPONENTS

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
first how would you remove the fins on the flat portion that are held with the
wood biskets.
and where would i be able to source the black dash vinyl for the flat part under the
wood fins?

If you want to remove the little spear-like dividers that are affixed to the bottom part (I have not done this yet), I am told that they are glued to a "biscuit" and some heat on the reverse side should cause the glue to release. I am going to use a heat gun and do it this weekend. In fact, I did break one so be careful. Now, carefully maneuver the right defrost vent out.

They do have a smaller portion that fits into a slot on the dash. If you want I can snap a picture of a fin and the hole that it fits into tomorrow. One or two popped off on my project car. I do know that they are not accessible from the underside, as seen in the pic below.

IMG_4368.JPG

They do have a smaller portion that fits into a slot on the dash. If you want I can snap a picture of a fin and the hole that it fits into tomorrow. One or two popped off on my project car. I do know that they are not accessible from the underside, as seen in the pic below.

View attachment 21412
Are you selling the wood? I'd be interested mine is not salvageable completely delaminated, that piece looks workable

Are you selling the wood? I'd be interested mine is not salvageable completely delaminated, that piece looks workable

Unfortunately no. All of my remaining wood is delaminated also. Never say never though. Snap some pics and send to @bela22 for evaluation.

Back