DAVE CRUZ?

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone on the west coast know what happend to the shop, and the equipment after his death? I was thinking someone took over for Dave after his plane crash, not sure he was that personalble or at that level certainly he was not expecting to crash I am sure? :(

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dave Cruse rebuilt the engine and transmission in my ‘67, 2000CS!

There was a Hardy&Beck receipt in all the paperwork of this car. I scanned it and emailed H&B. Allen Hardy wrote me back explaining that it appeared they didn’t do the work, but Dave Cruse’s name and number was printed on it. Allen’s assumption was Dave had just left the H&B shop and likely grabbed some of their tickets to help write up work orders. Allen told me my engine was likely built with all the go-fast tricks an M10 could get.

It has run well for me :)

RIP Dave…

15D48EE6-86B9-45F2-B402-F6AD1F3D20B2.jpeg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting that he charged a grand total of 510 dollars for labor.
Poor David probably died of hunger...

junkyardhero

Reaction score
Interesting that he charged a grand total of 510 dollars for labor.
Poor David probably died of hunger...
wonder what the labor rate was in 1984?

what's funny is that the machine work seems to be somewhat in line with the lower end of current pricing.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Something I have never been able to decipher from the receipt is the camshaft ID. It says "528-4"

Allen Hardy had no idea, but gave me a name of some old school cam grinder in the Bay area... they also had no clues for me. Allen said the H&B shop typically installed a 284 for a street engine.

This engine is certainly not lumpy at idle.