De-humidifier suggestions

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Like @CSteve, I live in PA and the summers are very humid. I have had a dehumidifier for a little over a year, and it has made a huge difference. Drain tube is used to drain humidity out of the garage into the side-yard that is rock covered. LG model is pictured and works just fine. This weekend I hooked up the electric garage heater with line voltage thermostat so that I can start and finish the interior project that I am planning for the winter. Winters here in PA can also get very cold and snowy.
IMG_2891.JPG
HEATER & THERMOSTAT1.png

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
About heatpumps north of the M&D line. We built our house to be passive solar. Our last heat pump went 13 years. Our new one, installed before and after this summer's hurricane and a three day run w/o electricity is a Bosch. New to the market, trying to establish a beach head, so it was a little less than the name brands and came with a 10 year parts and labor warranty!

Our house: slab on grade, 1700 sq ft, open from first to third level, 6" in the walls 12" in the roof, south facing wall and half of new windows(three years), deep in the forest so shade in the summer, sun heats the house down to about 30 degrees all day in the winter. No grass, refuse to own a lawn mower. Redwood siding(before you send Greenpeace we built 43 years ago.

Track the electric bills, we are all electric. Average monthly bill the last two years: $137.00. Total cost to run the house! Well and septic.

If builders incorporated just a few of the things we did 43 years ago think of the reduced demand on the grid, less pollution, possibly fewer fossil fuels burned(that's a contentious issue I know).

Steve