diff gearing

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a 5spd dog box in my CSL, I have an option to go to 373 diff gearing, in the little I have driven my car I thought the gearing was a bit tall , any potential problems, I have a standard LSD.Thanks , Mark.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that ratio is too high for a dogleg. a 3.07 is what is commonly used with a dogleg. With a dogleg 3.07 is turning about 2500-3000 RPM at highway speeds. Remember a dogleg is direct drive in 5th gear. It is not under driven like in the other 5 speed gear boxes`.. That is where my dogleg runs with a 3.07

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For the rabbit group in Europe they ran 3.25 diffs with the CR tranny.
I tried it and didn’t like it. Too busy!

shanon

Reaction score
Agree that 3.25 or 3.07 would be a good fit with the CR box.
I run a 3.45, which is fun on track and in the twisties, but would appreciate a more relaxed ratio if it was a cruiser/long distance tourer.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a 5spd dog box in my CSL, I have an option to go to 373 diff gearing, in the little I have driven my car I thought the gearing was a bit tall , any potential problems, I have a standard LSD.Thanks , Mark.
3.73 - do you mean 3.63? tall for a CR box? 3.07 might be tall ... 3.45 / 3.63 would be quick and require a lot of shifts. the recommendation of 3.25 is good for a blend of quickness and better highway speeds. the 3.07 is perfect if you drive a lot at highway speeds.