Different type topic New Zealand

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a quickie. Alyne and I just spent 3 great weeks in New Zealand. We have travelled extensively and New Zealand may be the most beautiful country we have been in. It is formed on volcanos and is gorgeous mountains from one end to the other called the Southern Alps. Our kids(early 40s) even grabbed a day of skiing and loved it.The people are as good as it gets and the food is fresh off the vine. I didn't really get to do much car stuff as Alyne broke her femur 3 weeks before we left and demanded a lot of attention. I did stop at one motoring museum at Highlands Motor Speedway in Cornwell on the South Island. Highlight of that visit was a few laps as passenger in a 488GTB. 0-100KPH in 3seconds. The disappointment was the car and of course the driver were so smooth in both acceleration and handling there wasn't an adrenaline rush. Anyway, for those of you into travel, a very worthwhile vacation. I will repeat myself and say the attitude of the people is not to be believed. Nothing but smiles wherever you went or for whatever you needed.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Spent a couple of weeks there about 10 years ago. Truly beautiful. Some of the areas we visited were like the 'beginning of time' in terms of trees, scenery, etc. We especially liked the south island. The museum in Wellington was most interesting.

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My number one hoped for motorcycle touring destination.