Dimensions of A/C condensor

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Searches here have produced similar questions but no definitive answers - what are the dimensions of the stock a/c condensor and what is the largest size one can fit in the area? Am considering a parallel flow upgrade here for my system and would like to get the largest possible. Thanks.

61porsche

Reaction score
baby, it's cold inside

The answer to the first part is in the specs for the a/c http://www.e9-driven.com/Public/Library/BMW-E9-Manual/pages/en/64000000.html#refertoc

The second is that sizes are standard and listed by the manufacturer for which there are many. Web search turns up a lot.

Since a crossflow is approximately 30% more efficient, going bigger than standard will only increase the efficiency.

Part of the result is wether you're staying with r12?

The other thing most everybody overlooks is just to amp the blower motor and see what you've got compared to spec.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That shows the surface area but not the L x W? I am keeping R-12. Since I am cracking the system open I may as well upgrade the condensor for $125 or so. I suppose now after a rotary compressor and a parallel condensor the bottleneck will be the evap crammed under the dash? That will be left alone - am not going there for now.

61porsche

Reaction score
The width is the same as the radiator.

The new ones come with clips ( make sure)

Wise decision on the console.:)