Directional Canceller ring

3.OCS#1

Reaction score
Hi
I have been muckling my way through cleaning up the discrepancies I am finding in the 3.O Cs i purchased few months ago.
I installed a set of Webber 32/36 DGAV carbs to find that the original air cleaner assembly doesn't even come close to fitting. Pierce Manifold said OH, just take out the spacers. If I take out the spacers the linkage jams on the manifold :mad: I good with a set of Redline air cleaners.

Item next, my directionals don't cancel so I removed the steering wheel only to find that someone in the past didn't think that the cancel ring was a necessary part so didn't reinstall it. :rolleyes:
I need to find one and I'm hoping someone here may have one to sell or point me in the right direction as to where to obtain it.
Horns didn't work and fortunately my local NAPA had a set of Fiam's that work great

Can anyone inform me how the driver seat back cover comes off? I need to adjust the set release cable so I can let folks into the back seat :)
Thanks in Advance
Bruce in Maine

Bruce, removing the back of the seat will not expose the cable and mechanism to unlock the seat and allow it to fold forward. It can be adjusted from the release knob site on the side of the seat. Take off the knob and decorative cover and peak inside and you should see a screw locking set up, kind of like a bike brake cable setup, you can loosen and remove the play from the cable. This of course is provided your cable is intact. If it is not, you will have to take apart the seat and run a new one.....lets hope that is not the case. Also make sure the articulating arm at the base of the seat is not hung up, my seats were redone and bulged a bit and caused the arm to hang up.

NB: You need adapters to fit the Webers and usually the air cleaner clip against the firewall will not have enough room to close. I wish my E9 had the original Zeniths like my Bavaria.

Bruce, removing the back of the seat will not expose the cable and mechanism to unlock the seat and allow it to fold forward. It can be adjusted from the release knob site on the side of the seat. Take off the knob and decorative cover and peak inside and you should see a screw locking set up, kind of like a bike brake cable setup, you can loosen and remove the play from the cable. This of course is provided your cable is intact. If it is not, you will have to take apart the seat and run a new one.....lets hope that is not the case. Also make sure the articulating arm at the base of the seat is not hung up, my seats were redone and bulged a bit and caused the arm to hang up.

NB: You need adapters to fit the Webers and usually the air cleaner clip against the firewall will not have enough room to close. I wish my E9 had the original Zeniths like my Bavaria.
Hi bavbob
Thanks for the response :)
I took the 2 screws out to look inside the seat to the cable. I didn't dare take the plastic handle off as I thought it would break. When I get replacements I will do that. The catches are fine and move appropriately. It appears that it just pulled through the cable stop a bit. Tight quarters.
The OEM air cleaner isn't even close to fitting. Sits WAY to proud to the hood and the cleaner holes and Webber adapter plates don't fit together either. The only solution to lower is take spacers out which like I said cause the linkage to bind on the manifolds, I'll be fine with the Redline air cleaners

Back